Welcome!

http://missburlesqueinternational.com/

Miss Burlesque International is produced by Cassandra Jane

Miss Burlesque Australia Title Holders:

The title of Miss Burlesque 2013 will be awarded to the best overall performer across a range of activities including Traditional, Neo and Unique interpretations of Burlesque. We are also looking for a winner who will actively use her Title to promote the community of Burlesque Internationally. Personality, performance, skill and presentation all form key parts of winning the competition.

This blog is run by Viviane Mae



Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bella de Jac


Australia's Mistress of Tease, Bella de Jac is a elegant whisper from the nihlistic 1930s, insidious, and sensual.
An award-winning, rave-reviewed performer, Bella has worked extensively across the UK, Australia and America. Most recently performing to a sold out crowd at BB King's on 42nd St in New York City. Bella is also a resident performer at Melbourne Burlesque and Cabaret venue Bohemia where she purveys her particular brand of burlesque weekly.
Described as both an exquisite creature and a powerful and captivating performer, Bella's penchant for pushing acceptable social boundaries is cleverly disguised by the grace and glamour of her shows. Bella de Jac is one mistress you won't want to keep a secret...
What made you enter Miss Burlesque 2013?
I have so many wonderful memories from the 2011 competition. I pushed myself very hard to create new shows, met so many amazing girls at my heat, and learnt a lot about promotion and PR. Plus the lead up to the grand final was like being on the most fun school camp ever! After it was all over I decided that although I needed a year off to focus on uni, I wanted to be part of the Miss Burlesque experience again in 2013, so here I am! Plus I'm competing in QLD which means all my family can come and see me perform for the first time since the Burlesque Ball.
Would you feel your strength lies in Classic, Neo or Unique style?
If you'd asked me that 2 years ago I would have said Classic without a doubt. However my style has evolved a great deal in the last year and a half, and although it is still very dance based, the themes and concepts I'm exploring in my new work are definitely not classic in the revivalist sense. I love recreating that true golden age style of performance but it's important as a performer to push boundaries, even if they're only your own.
Do you have a signature move?
Oh dear, I've got no idea! I bet there's a couple of performers I work with that could probably tell you. I do enjoy picking out the person in the audience who keeps looking away and making more eye contact than is necessary. I suppose it's a bit mean, but they certainly don't look away again!
Be captivated by Bella de Jac at the QLD Heat
24/03/2013


No comments:

Post a Comment