Welcome!

http://missburlesqueinternational.com/

Miss Burlesque International is produced by Cassandra Jane

Miss Burlesque Australia Title Holders:

The title of Miss Burlesque 2013 will be awarded to the best overall performer across a range of activities including Traditional, Neo and Unique interpretations of Burlesque. We are also looking for a winner who will actively use her Title to promote the community of Burlesque Internationally. Personality, performance, skill and presentation all form key parts of winning the competition.

This blog is run by Viviane Mae



Friday, March 8, 2013

Magnolia Knife



Magnolia Knife is a Brisbane based burlesque performer with a fetish for darkness, beauty in ugliness and the unique which reveals itself throughout her art of tease. Miss Knife has taught various styles of burlesque at BB le Buff's school of performance including feather fans and neo-burlesque, and has a penchant for choreographing acts with a bit of quirk and a whole lotta flesh! Miss Knife's recent performances include group and solo acts at BB le Buff's bi-monthly Cabbaret, the Dead of Winter festival (2012), and Creepshow Halloween Festival (2012). Magnolia was most recently a finalist in her heat of the Burlesque Showgirl Competition (Gold Coast) and is due to compete in the finalists heat in March 2013! Magnolia is looking forward to unleashing her creative energies as she competes for the first time in the QLD heats of Miss Burlesque Australia in March 2013 at the Old Museum.
What bought me to enter MBA: Since starting burlesque in 2011, it has helped me to release my creative energy and showcase different styles of performance in the one forum (ie dance, singing, comedy). It very quickly became a passion and I felt it would be a great to further develop myself by entering a competition so well known in the industry, and to network with all the delicious babes I would be dancing alongside with!
Strength: I think one of my strengths can be my characterization, which I feel there is more room to play with in neo-burlesque. Having said that, I have a passion for bumps and grinds too which is essential for authentic classic burlesque...
Signature move: I don't think I have a signature move as such, but I definitely like to be original with my themes and recently seem to have a penchant for blood in my routines...
Be blown away by Magnolia Knife at the QLD Heat!
24/03/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment